London Bridge attacker’s family ‘shocked’

The family of London Bridge attacker Usman Khan have said they are “saddened and shocked” by what happened and “totally condemn his actions”.

Khan, a convicted terrorist who left prison last year, killed Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones at a prisoner rehabilitation event on Friday.

Two women and a man were also injured in the attack before Khan was shot dead by armed officers on London Bridge.

On Tuesday, Khan’s family issued a statement through the Met Police.

“We are saddened and shocked by what Usman has done,” they said.

“We totally condemn his actions and we wish to express our condolences to the families of the victims that have died and wish a speedy recovery to all of the injured.

“We would like to request privacy for our family at this difficult time.”

Khan was jailed in 2012 to indeterminate detention for “public protection” with a minimum jail term of eight years after pleading guilty to preparing terrorist acts.

Since being released in December 2018, he had been living in Stafford and was required to wear a GPS police tag.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Comments are closed.